CITY OF SOCORRO
RESOLUTION NO. 21-06-07
2021 MUNICIPAL ELECTION
WHEREAS, the Governing Body of the City of Socorro, New Mexico has opted into the Local Election Act, Article 1, Section 1-22-3.1 of the NMSA 1978; and
WHEREAS the Governing Body of the City of Socorro wishes to convey the correct and complete election information to the Socorro County Clerk as required by 1-22-4(A)
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF SOCORRO, STATE OF NEW MEXICO THAT:
- A regular local election is to be held on November 2, 2021; and
- At the regular local election, persons shall be elected to fill the following at large municipal elective offices:
- ONE Councilor for a four-year term (Ward 1).
- ONE Councilor for a four-year term (Ward 2).
- ONE Councilor for a four-year term (Ward 3).
- ONE Councilor for a four-year term (Ward 4).
- ONE Municipal Judge for a four-year term
- All positions require Candidates to reside within the City Limits of the City of Socorro.
- All Declarations of Candidacy shall be filed in the Office of the Socorro County Clerk on August 24, 2021, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- All Declaration of Candidacy for write-in candidates shall be filed in the Office of the Socorro County Clerk on August 31, 2021, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
PASSED, APPROVED AND ADOPTED by the City Council of Socorro New Mexico on this 7th day of June 2021 in regular session, at Socorro, Socorro County, New Mexico.